YouTube Finally Speaks Out About Controversial Logan Paul Video

Jan 12, 2018, 03:17
YouTube Finally Speaks Out About Controversial Logan Paul Video

YouTube star Logan Paul is under fire and is facing severe criticism after unloading a 15-minute video of him walking into the Aokigahara forest in Japan and finding a person who appeared to have died by suicide.

Paul has since deleted the original video filmed in Aokigahara Forest, also known as Japan's suicide forest.

The YouTube star has been dropped by Google Preferred, a special advertising program that connects top channels with brand advertisers, and from Foursome, a series on YouTube Red, the streaming service's premium subscription service. Ms. Mason also said that all YouTube pending projects that involved Mr. Paul would be delayed.

Almost a day after the tweeted response, YouTube has announced it is removing Logan's channels from Google Preferred and will not feature Logan in the Web series Foursome.

YouTube has spent the previous year telling advertisers it's safe to run their ads on the world's biggest video site. The video is no longer available on YouTube. That doesn't preclude him from running ads like many YouTube channels do, but likely means lower CPMs than those that Preferred creators see. The service released a new statement on Tuesday noting, "Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently".

Paul announced earlier this month he was taking a break from making YouTube videos "to reflect".

Polygon has reached out to YouTube for comment and will update when we hear back. The video filmed in the Japanese forest received over 6 million views before Paul took it down. Or do you think YouTube is more liable for the video going live than Logan is for producing it? The video site had initially given Paul a strike for posting a violent and graphic content that goes against the community guidelines.

On Wednesday, YouTube finally came up with a statement on the video, stating that "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views".

On the 9 of January, YouTube's staff posted an official apology, declaring that it expects so much more from its content creators and that this sort of facetious attitude is only blamable but that it affects the entire community as well.

Google is planning a new push to vet top-tier YouTube videos that it bundles for major advertisers, people familiar with the effort said, moving to address resurgent concerns that inappropriate content is being shown alongside brand messages.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
popular