Liverpool Star Out For 3 Months Following Surgery

Nov 15, 2017, 00:51
Liverpool Star Out For 3 Months Following Surgery

Clyne has not featured for the Reds this season because of a back problem he sustained in a pre-season friendly with Tranmere Rovers in July. "That's how back problems are", Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp said earlier this month.

Klopp had also asserted that Clyne would miss out on the matches in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League.

The 26-year-old resumed light training in September but had a setback and the reports said he had undergone "minor, corrective surgery".

Some cynics will say that Saturday sees Liverpool's current team taken on Liverpool's team of tomorrow.

Speaking about Clyne's progress ahead of Liverpool's 4-1 win away at West Ham, Klopp revealed the defender had been struggling.

Liverpool's head of medicine Andy Massey travelled with Clyne to London after deciding the surgery was the best option. That's how back problems are. He is forced to spend up to three more months on the sidelines, meaning he is expected to miss the busy festive period in December.

During his absence, however, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez have been donning the right-back position for the Anfield outfit, and have impressed.

Not only does he have to get into form, he will need to dislodge Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier who have established themselves in the England squad over the last few months.

On Monday, news also spread that Sadio Mane had returned to Liverpool after his recent hamstring injury flared up again while on worldwide duty with Senegal.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
popular